Managing Wellsite operationsFree
About this course
This course is carried out in partnership with PetroSkills. It is an interactive course that teaches participants to successfully manage wellsite operational plans, resource time management and control measures. Soft skills requirements for wellsite supervisors which include active listening and conducting crucial conversations is exercised during the course.
Documented case histories of complex well operations and techniques to manage associated human factors. Participants will learn to build effective teams by assuming roles in class exercises of the company representative, rig contractor and supplier
personnel. Critical issues are identified to improve safety and reduce downtime.
This course is appropriate for the following roles:
▪ Drilling and completion well supervisors
▪ Wellsite engineers and superintendents
▪ Operations engineers
▪ Senior drilling contractors
▪ Well site service personnel.
A PetroSkills Certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
▪ Rig team priorities and success measures
▪ Focusing on wellsite challenges, distractions and sensitivities
▪ Managing reports and documentation
▪ Rig meetings and drills
▪ Well monitoring, limits, alarms and suspension of operations
▪ Reducing NPTs, technical limits, DWOP/CWOP techniques
▪ Managing complex situations associated with tripping, displacements and testing
Rig team priorities and success measures
Focusing on wellsite challenges, distractions and sensitivities
Managing reports and documentation
Rig meetings and drills
Well monitoring, limits, alarms and suspension of operations
Reducing NPTs, technical limits, DWOP/CWOP techniques
Managing complex situations associated with tripping, displacements and testing